Call for Abstract and Video Submissions for the 2018 Winter Meeting
Opens: July 10, 2017
October 2, 2017 (at 11:59 p.m.)
Timezone: Central Time (US & Canada)
For technical assistance, please email webmaster.
Abstract Information Video Information Award/Essay Information CME Information
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Important Changes to the Video submission process!
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER CONFERENCE MAY BE SUBMITTED TO THIS MEETING. PUBLISHED PAPERS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR SUBMISSION.
Abstract Preparation / Submission
List of available Topics
Step 1. SIGN IN TO ACCOUNT/REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT
- Login to your account to begin the process. If you are unsure if we have you on file, please try a forgot password request.
- If you do not already have an account and are not a member of SUFU, click the link above to "Register a new Account".
STEP 2. BEGIN ABSTRACT PROCESS
Once signed in, from the main account page, you will need to either click the name of an already existing presenting author you have completed a submission for, or click one of the links to begin a submission from a new presenter not already listed.
You will need to indicate the following information available during the submission process:
- The title of the Abstract.
- The topic to be chosen from a list of topics.
- You will need to enter the body text of your abstract directly into the provided text box. A maximum character count of 2500 characters, which includes spaces, is allowed.
- If you are uploading an optional figure/illustration image that would be appended to the end of your abstract text, the maximum character count is 2250, which includes spaces.
- The maximum dimensions of your figure/illustration image is a width of 525 pixels and a height of 317 pixels.
- The name, address, phone and email of the Presenting author.
- The Educational Background and Current Position of the Presenting Author.
*Important notes regarding adding Images and/or Symbols:
- Be cautious of using special symbols or characters when entering your data.
- Images that are found to have larger dimensions than allowed will automatically be resized to comply with those specifications. Auto resizing may cause loss of image quality; therefore you should make sure to keep your image dimensions less than or equal to the allowed width and height.
- Allowed image formats to upload are as follows: jpeg, jpg, gif, bmp; however, images are converted to jpeg during the submission process for consistent use with the webpages and embedding into the abstract document.
Step 3. BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
Please read these important notes before submitting:
Abbreviations may only be used after the words are written out in full at first mention. It is the author's responsibility to submit the abstract in perfect order with no errors in spelling or grammar. Abstracts will not be retyped or corrected. Abstracts not received in the proper format will not be considered by the Program Committee.
We recommend that you first create your abstract in a word processing application with the following parameters; this will help to provide a successful submission.
- Set your editor to the following:
- all margins at 1.5 inches,
- use single line spacing,
- and set the font at 10pt. Arial
- The text of the abstract should include the abstract title in all caps and bold-faced, the names of the authors and their affiliation, city, and state, followed by the body of the abstract.
- The text of the abstract must contain an introduction and objectives, methods, results obtained, and conclusions.
- You must indicate any financial funding in the text of the abstract.
- Once your prepared abstract is complete, and the character count from above is observed, then you are ready to proceed.
Step 4. Submit Abstract
VIDEO PREPARATION / SUBMISSION — BEGINNING FOR THE 2018 MEETING PLEASE NOTE THE NEW VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS
- From the account page, click the name of a presenter that already exists to use that same presenter, or click on the link to submit a video for a new presenter not listed.
- Fill out all the required information and complete your submission.
- After your submission is complete you will be given a reference number to be used with the physical submission of your video to the SUFU Office.
- The video/movie should be saved to flash drives as a MPEG-4 (.mp4) file using Standard Definition resolution format.
✓ Please refer to the standard definition compression settings for YouTube or Vimeo for guidelines.
- The length of the video/movie should be a maximum of 7 minutes.
- You MUST forward 2 flash drives, each with a single copy of your video/movie in MPEG-4 (.mp4) format to the SUFU Office by
October 2, 2017.
- Label each copy with your name and the title of the video/movie and submission reference number.
- Please note that copies of your video will not be returned, and if accepted for presentation, you will need to bring your own copy to the meeting for presentation.
- Send copies to:
Attn: SUFU Video Submission
1100 E. Woodfield Road, Suite 350
Schaumburg, IL 60173
PRIZE ESSAY INFORMATION
All prize essay manuscript submissions must have a corresponding abstract submission. Once you have prepared your abstract, you can go to the abstract submission form, which provides details on how to submit your manuscript for the Prize Essay Competition.
A prize of $1,500 will be given at the discretion of the awards committee for the best submissions in BASIC RESEARCH and CLINICAL RESEARCH. Any topic relating to the physiology or pathophysiology of the genitourinary tract as it relates to urine transport, storage, and/or voiding is appropriate.
If you would like your research to be considered for one of the above awards, you must:
- Submit an abstract to the SUFU Winter Meeting
- Email your complete manuscript* by
October 2, 2017
- Subject Line must read like the following (be sure to include the reference number you receive after you complete your abstract submission):
SUFU Essay Competition - Reference #
- A maximum word count of 2500 words will be allowed. Figures/Tables count as 250 words.
*Important note about your manuscript submission: All work must be original, primarily the work of the first author on the paper and unpublished. For review purposes, submitted papers should be in the publication format of the Journal of Neurourology and Urodynamics, including figures and tables. Winning papers are expected to be submitted for publication in the Journal of Neurourology and Urodynamics following announcement of the results of the essay contest.
RESIDENT TRAVEL AWARDS
Travel awards for the SUFU Winter Meeting will be available for RESIDENTS only. In order to qualify for the award the resident must:
- Have an abstract accepted
- Be the presenter of the paper
- Check the appropriate box during the abstract submission process in order to be considered
There will be up to 10 awards of $1,000.00 available. The awards will be payable to a resident's institution after the meeting. The process of receiving an award is competitive!
SUFU BASIC SCIENCE MEETING AWARDS
- The top scored Basic Science Abstract Submissions will be selected for a Podium Presentation.
- Several Awards for top ranked poster & podium presentations will be awarded. These will be awarded at the Winter Meeting.
REQUIRED CME/COI INFORMATION